21th Symposium of the Society for Nonlinear Dynamics and Econometrics, March 28-29, 2013
The 21th Annual Symposium of the Society for Nonlinear Dynamics and Econometrics will be held at the University of Milano-Bicocca in Milan, Italy on March 28-29, 2013. The aim of the meeting is to present and discuss recent developments in theoretical and empirical analysis of nonlinearity in economics and finance. Confirmed invited speakers are Sir David F. Hendry (Oxford University) and Gary Koop (University of Strathclyde).
Conference sponsors include the Society for Nonlinear Dynamics and Econometrics, University of Milano-Bicocca, the muncipality of Milan, and the Journal of Applied Econometrics. The local organizing committee is
- Patrizio Tirelli, University of Milano-Bicocca
- Andrea Colciago, University of Milano-Bicocca
- Alessia Paccagnini, University of Milano-Bicocca
- Matteo Manera, University of Milano-Bicocca
- Claudio Morana, University of Milano-Bicocca (Chair of the Local Committee)
You are invited to submit a paper. Completed manuscripts or extended abstracts can be submitted electronically via the Conference Maker software at the following link:http://editorialexpress.com/conference/SNDE2013
To submit a paper, note that you must select a program committee member to whom your paper will be assigned. In addition to the SNDE Executive Committee and the local organizing committee, the program committee includes:
- Marco Airaudo, Drexel University
- Richard Baillie, Michigan State University
- Tino Berger, University of Cologne
- Marcelle Chauvet, University of California, Riverside
- Yu-chin Chen, University of Washington
- Christian Conrad, University of Heidelberg
- James Costain, Bank of Spain
- Ana Golvao, Queen Mary, University of London
- Jun Ma, University of Alabama
- Massimiliano Marcellino, European University Institute
- Agnieszka Markiewicz, Erasmus University
- Bruce Mizrach, Rutgers University
- Tatevik Sekhposyan, Bank of Canada
- Dick van Dijk, Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Ege Yazgan, Istanbul Bilgi University
If you have any co-authors on your submitted paper, please make sure to supply all name and affiliation details within Conference Maker when submitting.
Submissions must be received on or before December 7, 2012. Authors will be notified whether their papers have been accepted for the Symposium by January 18, 2013.
All registrants, including presenters (invited and contributed) must pay the registration fee, which helps defray the cost of the meeting. The registration fee is 235 USD (325 USD after February 15, 2013). The first 15 graduate students who register by February 15th will receive a discounted fee of 175 USD. Please note that all registration fees are non-refundable.
Papers presented at the conference may be considered for publication (subject to the standard refereeing process) in the Society’s Journal: Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics and Econometrics, published electronically by De Gruyter and can be accessed at http://www.degruyter.com/view/j/snde/ .
Complete details regarding registration and local accommodation will soon be made available here on the society's website.
Confirmed Invited Speakers:
- Sir David F. Hendry (Oxford University)
- Gary Koop (University of Strathclyde)
The Society will award two 500 USD prizes: the James B. Ramsey prize for the top paper in econometrics presented by a graduate student; and the Gerald P. Dwyer prize for the top paper in finance presented by a graduate student. Graduate students’ electronic submissions should be followed up by a letter on official university stationary from a professor certifying that the submitter is a graduate student in good standing. An electronic version of this letter should be emailed to James Morley at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2013. Limited travel funding for outstanding contributions from graduate students may be available from the local organizers. Details will be made available with the notification for successful submissions.
If you have any questions regarding paper submission or registration, please e-mail the administrative contact for SNDE 2013, Kristin Scheyer, at email@example.com.